Private Bush Camp
Roan Park, Lusaka, ZAMBIA
Stylish, cozy and relaxing…our charming Camp will offer you a genuine taste of the African bush at just 20 minutes drive from Lusaka
Booked on EXCLUSIVE USE basis with no other guests at the Camp, it is perfect for a romantic weekend, family or friends gateway, before/after a safari trip or just relaxing alone time
PRIVACY & NATURE
At DOMUS Private Bush Camp we believe in full privacy, nature and quality time
Relax and enjoy your meals in our living space. (Total area 125 sq.m)
Overlooking the open land, the living space is an open-plan wooden structure with thatched roof, which can be fully closed with roll-up canvas walls during rainy days or cold nights. It has polished glossy concrete floors inside and a large teak deck outside.
There is a fully equipped kitchen, guest bathroom, fireplace, dining table with safari mukwa chairs, lounge area with sofas, small library, braai area and a boma for night campfire or breakfast.
At our Camp we have two “state of the art” luxury safari tents:
T1 (Family Tent)
DESIGNED FOR FAMILIES,
set in proximity of the Communal living space, Tent 1 comprises 1 queen-size (4-poster) bed and 2 single beds with mosquito nets and linen, ensuite spacious bathroom with shower and a spacious front veranda with teak deck overlooking the landscape (Total area 68 sq.m).
In case of extra capacity needed, an additional Safari Tent is set next to T1 (Family Tent) as an annex and it comprises 1 double bed and 1 single bed, and a front veranda. The bathroom is shared with Tent 1 (Total area 18 sq.m).
T2 (Honeymoon Tent)
designed for couples,
set in the bush surrounded by ancient indigenous trees with full privacy, Tent 2 comprises 1 king size (4 poster) bed with mosquito net, leather carpets and pillows, teak decked front and side verandas overlooking the bush, ensuite large bathroom and outdoor bathroom with shower and bath tab (total area 93 sq.m).
FACILITIES and SERVICES
The Camp is self-catering, on EXCLUSIVE USE basis.
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Electricity and hot water available
- Backup gas cooker provided
- Oil lanterns
- Kitchenware and appliances
- Charcoal provided
- Breakfast included (Continental and English)
- The booking of one of the tents includes the free use of living area, kitchen, gym and swimming pool.
- Maid and housekeeping at guests disposal
(upon request, at extra fees and subject to availability)
- Personal chef
- Catering service
- Pilates private lessons
- Hiking within the estate along the marked hiking trail, bird watching, reading, swimming, sun-bathing, working-out at the gym…or just relaxing.
- Wildlife in the area of Roan Park: monkeys, impalas, guinea fowls, wide variety of birds.
- Interesting places nearby: Kalimba reptile farm (3 Km), Chaminuka lodge (27 Km), Bonanza Golf Club (13 Km)
The Camp is booked on “exclusive use basis”. (When you book one of the tents, we won’t accept a booking from another guest on the other tent, and you will have the whole camp at your disposal with no other guests and full privacy). However, the guests can only use the tent that they have booked.
- Open all year
- Payments policy:
- More than 30 days before arrival: 50% deposit
- Less than 30 days before arrival: balance due or total amount
- Payments shall be made by bank transfer or bank deposit
- Cancellation policy:
- More than 30 days before arrival: 50% of the deposit paid
- Less than 30 days before arrival or no-show: 100% of the deposit paid
- Smoking is not allowed throughout the Camp
- However there is a designated smoking area by the car park
- Loud music is not allowed
- Parties and events are not allowed
- Pets are not allowed
- Firearms and weapons are not allowed
- Motorbikes or similar are not allowed
- When you book one of the tents, we won’t accept a booking from another guest on the other tent
- Guests can only use the tent that they have booked
- The total number of guests checking-in at the Camp shall not exceed the number of booked guests and/or the total capacity of the Camp
- Visitors other than the booked guests are not allowed, unless pre-authorized by the management
- Tips to the Staff are welcome and depending on the guests satisfaction/level of service provided
- There is wildlife in the property, please be mindful and respectful
- Check-in time 14:00 to 15:00, check-out time 10:00 to 11:00
(Early check-in / late check-out available upon request and subject to availability)
Where we are
DOMUS Private Bush Camp is located in Lusaka (Zambia) in Ngwerere area, North of Lusaka, inside Roan Park (gated and guarded community), at 20 Km from KK International Airport, 18 Km from Arcades shopping mall, 14 Km from Great North Road, 14 Km from Great Est Road.
Climate and Temperatures
The climate in Zambia is subtropical modified by altitude (Lusaka average elevation is 1,279 m). The Lusaka area has mild and dry winter days from May to August with chilly evenings and cold nights.
The hottest months are October and November before the rains start.
The dry season is from May through October.
The rainy season is from November through April, with an average rainfall of 882 mm/year.
Source: Weather Atlas
What our guests are saying!